Friday, October 7, 2011

Take bus from Salo to Helsinki airport for a 7 am flight


While staying in Salo, small Finish city between Turku and Helsinki, I decided to go and visit Paris. My flight was departing at 6:55 am from Helsinki airport: how could I make it in time? Easily.

There is an express bus line between Turku and Helsinki, and deserving Salo among others. You can find bus schedule here:

In order to catch my flight in time, I’ll take the 3:50am bus to Salo bus station. It arrives at 5:25am directly at the airport: just fine.

Train is another option. However the las on is at 0:28 at salo and arrive at 1:58a at H sta. You yhen need to wait 3h at the sta for the 5am Finnair airport shuttle bus (not sure how long it takes, usually 30 minutes).

That’s it. Altoghout trai is prob more relia, I prefer to take bus and save 3h sleep

PS: others usefull Helsinkiu bus schedule info there: http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/helsinki.html

No comments:

Post a Comment